A week-long trip dedicated to Indian Railways

Birthday special journey
It's the husband's 35th birthday next month. And I made the mistake (?) of asking him how he would want to make it special. His reply was an all-train-trip in his birthday week...and I laughed out loud. He went on to say that he wanted to spend the week travelling in the three iconic trains of India. I saw the same smile on his face that he has when we plan our long journeys...and I realized he was serious.

Now, I like to travel, but not by trains. On the other hand, the husband knows trains as much as he knows his bike. The engine, the number and the type of coaches, the type of toilets, the speed, and other details that I have no interest in. But then I am disinterested in just the trains, not the journey.

With that, he chalked out our plan effortlessly. Probably, the fastest inter-state plan that we have come up with.

The destinations
In terms of trains, the destinations are Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Karmali Railway station, Madgaon Railway station, and Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway station. But it is the journey that matters more than the destination. And how could we not take the Konkan railway in monsoons?

And so, here's the journey...


  1. "Tejas" Express (CST to Karmali)



  2. Rajdhani Express (Madgaon to Hazrat Nizamuddin)



  3. National Railway Museum (Delhi)



  4. Duronto Express (Hazrat Nizamuddin to Pune)














The father and his daughter are super excited for this journey. For me, I'll have Konkan Railway checked off my list and I do hope to get over my hesitance of travelling by Indian Railways. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 1 -Everything about Pune to Manali and Ludhiana to Pune

Kumaon stories part I: Askote -When the king hosted us

Pune-Leh-Pune bike trip