It was Wednesday morning and I was about to send the daily storybrief when Sunanda Mehta asked me if I could visit the new CM Prithviraj Chavan's ancestral house in Karad. I was happy to have got a chance to travel than sdo the routine!

So, Pawan -the photojournalist and me reached Patan Colony in karad by 2.30pm. Finding the place was not at all difficult. But, we were taken aback by the lethargy around the house. I saw a few journaliststs -also from Pune taking interviews and a couple of news channel reporters trying to get the 'perfect' byte.

The family members said they were 'elated', but never looked so. The number of Congress volunteers we usually see during rallies had suddenly disappeared. We were told that the celebration was over in the morning and people are now readying to go to Mumbai to attend the swearing-in.

I easily made my way inside and spoke to the family members and friends. The house has enough photos that depict the closeness between the Chavans and the 'High Command'. My job was done in an hour. We then proceeded to Kumbhargaon -20 kilometers from Karad where the CM"s parents used to stay. The small village seemed to have more activity that the town of Karad. CM's distant cousins promptly took us to the old wada that is practically in shambles -with bricks and rubble lying around. After a couple of more interviews and photosessions, we returned to Pune stoppinf at Satara to have the best Chicken and mutton thali ever!

By the end of it, our driver rightly put -'moklya maidanat palun alyagat vatatay!'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 1 -Everything about Pune to Manali and Ludhiana to Pune

Kumaon stories part I: Askote -When the king hosted us

Pune-Leh-Pune bike trip